Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Thursday, January 22, 2009

Venting, what I do best...(Revised)

Earlier this morning I was in a teasy. I wanted to scream, shout, yell, jump up and down, again, again and again. I am an adult, I only need to be told something once (not 2, 3 or 4 times). If I don't get it I will ask you. I can READ on my on. A long narration is not necessary, a simple "get to the point" statement works for me. I do not need directions on something that I have done for the past 7 years. If I don't have it by now, I shouldn't not be here. And last but not least, does anybody have any spare duck tape??

I did have lunch with a great friend, who allowed me to vent and I must say I do feel much better. Thanks goodness! Thanks my little clown friend.

A Clown's Prayer

As I stumble through this life,
help me to create more laughter than tears,
dispense more cheer than gloom,
spread more cheer than despair.

Never let me become so indifferent,
that I will fail to see the wonders in the eyes of a child,
or the twinkle in the eyes of the aged.

Never let me forget that my total effort is to cheer people,
make them happy, and forget momentarily,
all the unpleasantness in their lives.

And in my final moment,
may I hear You whisper:
"When you made My people smile, you made Me smile."

3 comments:

chadandnikki said...

So, does this mean I'm a clown? I'm not sure how to take that! Offended, flattered, offended, flattered? I'll go with flattered!

Simply Donna...... said...

oh my gosh! flattered, flattered. the point being you made me smile, and yes I think you are a clown

Joan Carr said...

Don't you just love the people that the Lord had puts in our lives, the clowns and all.