Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Challenges

Well it has been a while since I have had the chance to blog. Man I miss it. I have been really busy finishing year end paperwork at church, using a new computer program that I am not totally comfortable with. But I did it, Hip Hip Hooray! A huge challenge complete.

I have been reading some of your blogs and I find another challenge---CableCarr wants us to memorize scripture together. OK I am up for it, however since today is the 14th, I will shoot for the 1st to post my first scripture. Great idea, Thanks for the challenge.

I love reading church signs. I pass a church everyday on my way to work and always enjoy reading their sign. This week it reads "Lose the weight of sin this year." WOW, now that's throwing out a challenge.

Our church is starting two study groups next week. I plan to attend the study of Revelations and am pretty excited about this study challenge. The women study group is going to read "The Shack" and have discussion. I have tried to read "The Shack" and I just can't get past the 1st chapter. I hear others have had this problem also, which makes me feel a little better because this book was highly recommended to me.

One more challenge....this past weekend a family friend said some hurtful things about my family and myself. Now my first thought was to approach this person and have a chat. Why would she say these things??? I just didn't get it. OK - breathe, ponder, breathe some more. The devil is working hard on me, breathe some more. And then......God said Donna give this to me. So I ....Let Go and Let God! I feel much better. Praise God!

I do have a concern..... My Aunt Linda (moms sister) has recently been diagnosed with Leukemia. She is not doing very well. I ask that you please keep her and her family in your prayers. I would so appreciate it.

Thanks to all my blogging family - you are the BEST!

Live, Laugh, Love
Donna

1 comment:

Joan Carr said...

Donna,
Since we are memorizing scripture together my new thing for dealing with all kinds of people is to quote scripture. Give it a try, I have already used it and Amy and I had to do it together. I like you and I'm thankful that you work with Nikki each and every day.