Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Saturday, January 24, 2009

Busy, yet interesting day

Will here I sit again wishing I could just sleep. It is now 1:00 am. You would think I would be use to this by now, but it gets really old. Since everyone is in bed I must be quiet, shhhhhh! So it's my laptop and me. Surfing the Internet....... I have read several blogs at this point and am most interested in the information that Joan has on hers about ways to communicate with our soldiers. If you have not looked at these sites, check them out. I find it very neat that you can send them cards and actually adopt a soldier. I did send card to a soldier. Thanks Joan for sharing.

Today was a busy day. I have cleaned house, washed clothes, buffed my hardwood floors, been to the drug store, been to Wal-mart and then to the grocery store. I also spent several hours working on church things. I had to take advantage of all of that energy I had and it was well spent. You would think that I would be tired by now.

On the entertainment side of life my sister-in-law gets the award today. She took her 5 year old son to his basketball game today at Liberty. They played a team from Forest Hill. Now let me tell you that Forest Hill won the game 50-2. It seems that wasn't enough for the Forest Hill coach - he cussed the kids during the game, oh and not his team but my nephew's team. Why I have no idea, he was winning. Anyway several of the parents and my nephew's coach had ask him to please refrain from the bad language. He did not. Apparently he continued to cuss the kids and made the mistake of cussing my nephew. OMG (gosh) my sister-in-law was not happy. She went to him and ask that he please stop the cussing and one thing lead to another. He called her many unpleasant names (oh they were bad). I must mention at this point that the coach for Forest Hill was black, not that it matters, but to him it did because he told my sister-in-law that she must be one of the F!!!!!! skank W!!!!! that voted for John McCain so a black man would not be the president. OH NOT GOOD! She hauled off and decked him, putting him on the floor with tears in his eyes. WOW!!! who knew she had it in her. Soooooo he took papers out on her and in turn she took papers out on him. Now that have a court date. Oh, the coach also threaten to kill one of the parents, who also took papers out on him. Ohhh what a day! I have yet to figure out what the president had to do with a 5 year old basketball game in Morganton, NC. Go figure!!!

I am really concerned about this man. Why oh why do you cuss 5 yr olds? Why do you set such a terrible example for the kids? And why do you bring racism into it? I just don't get any of it. He really needs some help and some prayers.

On a different note, Jennifer's (Jim's girlfriend) grandmother has been placed in Hospice care and it is just a matter of time. Please pray for this family as you know they are sad.

Well that pretty much sums up my day. God has blessed me today as he does everyday. All I have to do is look around and I can find so much that God has blessed me with. Some blessings that unfortunately are taken for granted. We do indeed have an awesome God who thankfully gives us an unconditional love.

God bless!
Donna

3 comments:

chadandnikki said...

What, a strange, interesting, busy, and great day. Wow!! I really don't know what else to say. Wow!!

Joan Carr said...

Wow, Donna first you must be superwoman with all you got done yesterday and then could not sleep. But the ballgame I can't wait to hear all the gory details form Nikki. From 1 basketball game in Moragnton NC to the Presidency what a stretch. It sounds like the coach surely don't need to be coaching children.

Alan Carr said...

Miss Donna: what an amazing experience! I agree, your sister-in-law deserves a medal for taking out that foul-mouthed, racist, obnoxious coach. What right does he have to curse around small children? Sad situation, great story! Thanks for sharing.