Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Today, I am still remembering Johanna, her parents and extended family. Her birth and passing to be with our Lord and Savior has put my mind in a stir. I do not question why God only gave her to her family for a short 63 minutes, for I know that God has a purpose for everything.

Johanna has made such an impact during her short visit on earth. I am overwhelmed with the lives that she has touched. Her family has great faith and that too has touched me so. I rejoice that she is with her Creator and is no longer sick and will have joy everyday.

So what is my mind stirring about? I wonder about my personal walk with God, my faith, my lack of Bible study, my understanding of God. I need to step it up. Where to start?? I have decided to read a book, which I have had for quite some time, "Knowing the Bible in 30 days." Now I personally know there is no way to know everything about the Bible in 30 days, but feel that this book will refresh me and prepare me for more in depth Bible study. I have also ran across some blogs to read - I need to read about other peoples walk with God. I need to know that they are feeling some of the same things that I do.

I am ready to step it up. Pray for me! and please continue to pray for Johanna's family.

Live, Laugh, Love
Donna

3 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

I will assure that there are no shirts under my bed to get out and sniff of. That's only because you can't fit anything under my bed. Still yet I'm not sniffing anything. I got it under control!!

I'm sortah with you on my walk with God. I've got to step it up to. We have been doing this Bible Study and with Jo and everything going on, I'm almost a week behind!!! I'll pray for ya with yours if you pray for me about mine. Heck, I'll pray for ya anyways:)

Anonymous said...

Donna -- I'm with you in so much of what you're thinking about. I know the concepts of my faith but have never been very good at daily studying the bible, as I know I should. The book you are goin to read intriues me. Let me know what you think of it. If you recommend it, I'll get it and read it too!

I'm glad we've become blogging friends. :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I re-read my comment and notice I left out two "g"s. So, please feel free to insert them whereever you like (and I'll think about starting exercises for my left index finger which apparently is getting lazy when it comes to pushing that "g" key).:)