Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Church Lady

There is a lady at my church, who sits behind my family and myself every Sunday during worship (well every Sunday that she attends). I must tell you that she is a school teacher (this is vital information). Years ago she told my oldest son that he should not chew gum in church. He politely told her she was not his mother (hehehe).

Anyway, she did the children's time during worship a few Sunday's ago and GASP, guess what? She was chewing gum and I don't mean slowly and I mean she was chomping down on the gum. The oldest son smiles and well you must know what he was thinking!!!!

She also talks during worship to whom ever will talk with her. She does not whisper, she talks in a normal tone. It it so annoying. I found it hard to concentrate on the sermon. Her cell phone rings about once a month during service - one word- VIBRATE!! She then apologizes out loud - WHY??? we all know who's phone it is.

Every time church lady talks we all want to turn around and go sshhhhhhhh!!!!! But nobody ever does. We all hope one day she will learn to whisper. Probably not, but we can hope.

Last Sunday our friends came to church and they have 3 children. The oldest one is 6 and sat beside of me. He was coloring and being a good quite little boy. I was so proud, even if he is not my son.

So church lady starts talking and it is getting really annoying. The little 6 year old turns around and gives her the "look" and stares at her, like why are you talking while the preacher is speaking? You know that look, it's the one you give your kids when they talk during church.

Needless to say, I believe he got his point across because she was quite after that. That little boy did something that we all have wanted to do for so long. It was quit amusing, at least to me it was. Honestly, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Next Sunday, I am going to invite him to sit with me again :)

Live, Laugh, Love
Donna

No comments: