Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Friday, October 23, 2009

Bittersweet

Today I had the pleasure to met Johanna Raye. She is beautiful, as I knew she would be. She was born at 809 am today, but went to be with her Creator at 912 am. Johanna weighted 3 lbs, 13 ozs, 16 inches long and perfect on the outside, but did have some internal problems.

You will never know what a blessing this child has been to so many people, especially me. God chose very special parents for Johanna. They have known from the beginning that she had Trisomy 18. Their prayer was that Gods will be done with Johanna's life. They never once considered terminating the pregnancy, but chose to have this child, which was a very special gift from God. I believe we all have grown closer with the Lord through Johanna.

Nikki and Chad did get to spend time with their daughter and was with her as she left to be with God. I am thankful for their time with her. God did answer many prayers.

Although my heart is heavy and sure I am sad and have cried my share of tears today, but I also rejoice over the birth of this very precious little girl who has changed so many lives. God is good!

I pray God will give this family and all who loves Johanna so much comfort, peace and healing. It's been a bittersweet day.

Tomorrow, I get to keep Clayton, Johanna's brother, most of the day while his parents are at the hospital. I am so excited. We are going to have a wonderful day - playing, laughing and doing whatever.

Live, Laugh, Love
Donna

1 comment:

chadandnikki said...

Oh how I miss her, but would never bring her back. Clayton and her are the most perfect gift from God. I don't know why He chose our family for this task, but I am so thankful that He did. I long to be with her again. One day we will be together forever in His eternal presence.