Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Tuesday, October 20, 2009

An exciting week ahead

Yesterday at work was crazy. I met some really high maintenance people. Today I dug my way through tons of paperwork. But the best is yet to come.

Friday is the big day - My dear friend will get to met her precious daughter via c-section. Her name is Johanna. We all are so excited about this sweet blessing from God. You see Johanna has Trisomy 18. She will be a full term baby, which is amazing within its self. Although Johanna is not expected to live very long, I pray that God will allow her to stay for a little while so that her family has the opportunity to cuddle and love on her. And if I am lucky, perhaps I can have a peek at her. Along with her mother, I am hoping she will have beautiful red hair like her brother. God has already used Johanna in so many ways - the faith of her parents is incredible. The sharing of her story by her parents is a true witness for God. Johanna is indeed a very special gift from God.

And then..........on Saturday I get to keep Johanna's big brother - Clayton. I am so excited. He is adorable and so much fun. We are going to have a big day and I am going to spoil that child as much as I can. I hope that it will be pretty outside so we can go out and play. Maybe over to McDonald's for lunch. Who knows what all we can get into.

As you can tell, it's a big and busy week. Please keep Johanna and her family in your prayers.

Live, Love, Laugh
Donna

2 comments:

chadandnikki said...

You are so sweet, thoughtful, and loving(but I won't tell anybody else). And a heads up, slides and chicken nuggets are a major hit!!

Joan Carr said...

I look forward to this weekend and to see what the Lord has in store for Johanna, Nikki and the rest of the gang. Enjoy Saturday, and spoil, spoil, spoil. I will be in touch through texting with you as things progress and over the weekend.