Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Saturday, August 15, 2009

Wedding Crap

As you my know, my oldest son J is engaged. It is 27 (soon to be 28). He recently moved out our house into an apartment. Anyway, back to the wedding crap. He and G/F decided to get married at the beach in September 2010. Sounds great.....so far. My other son, T, is the best man and G/F's brother is the only groomsmen. A small wedding, which is what they wanted and is great. They have been engaged for about 5 or 6 wks. Ever notice how people turn into PIA's about weddings.

So here goes the story thus far: Wedding at the Beach - hubby and I have a farm and can not always go as we would like. There is no way to know at this time if we will even be able to go to the wedding, which really sucks. We have a poultry farm and when the chicks are at a certain age it requires us to stay close to home. The wedding will take place 5 hours aways from us.
The hubby said we will work it out. I know that there's a 50/50 chance it want. Not great odds.

Best Man - I am totally disappointed that hubby was not ask to be the best man. This man has worked 2 jobs all of our married life to make sure everyone in the family is provided for. J played ball, which is an expensive sport. J went on to play ball in college (a private college). Even though he did get scholarships, we paid the rest so he would have no debt when he got out of school. We worked hard (mostly the hubby with 2 jobs) to make this happen. And yes we did without some things so this could happen. Now don't you think hubby deserves to be the best man?

Best Man Part 2 - T (other son) was ask to be the best man, which is great. If they don't want hubby to do it and I am pleased that T was ask. All through my grumbling about it being at the beach and the possibly that we want be able to go, T has reminded me that it's their wedding and they should do what they want. (Slap me on the wrist, put me in my place, OUCH!)

Small wedding - getting bigger and more complicated. Thus starts coming the problems.

Wedding dress - G/F and her mom having been looking for a wedding dress. And no I was not invited to participate in this adventure :) I was sure I would be because I thought G/F and I were pretty close. Ah, maybe not. G/F texts me and lets me know that she found a dress and she loves it. So when I see her in person, I said tell me about the dress and when do I get to see it. Surprise.....she is not telling me about the dress, nor can I see it. I will have to wait until wedding day. WHAT??? are you kidding me? OMG it's a dress and she is not the Queen. (Sorry, a little forestation there.) Whatever!

Back to T, the best man - Ha he was told last night how the wedding party will be standing.
It will be J-the groom, BIL - brother of the bride and then T - brother of the groom. Needless to say this did not go over well with T. He told them that J was his brother, he was the best man and he would be standing beside his brother. The response is: well you will have to talk to the wedding director. HA HA HA! T says I don't need to talk to anyone. That's my brother and I am standing beside him. Now, remember T is the one who told me "it's their wedding they should be able to do what they want."

Wedding place - at the end of the month we are suppose to go to the beach and see the wedding place and what they have to offer. I was invited. Not sure why because I certainly have not been included in anything else. I get my information from T.

At this point, I don't believe I am going. What's the point?? It's their wedding they can do whatever they want. And perhaps I will be able to go the the wedding and see it all myself. Not sure how I have become the outsider suddenly, the G/F has nearly lived at out house for the last 3 yrs. I honestly have not be in their business, their adults and can make their own decisions. I have a difficult MIL and have been determined to not be that person. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna

1 comment:

Joan Carr said...

Ahh, the beauty of having a son getting married. I wish someone would have told me that I was raising him for another woman. But, we must let them be adults that we have raised them to be(much easier said than done). Hang in there and cherish the moments that you do get.