Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Thursday, August 20, 2009

I've been bad

I had lab work drawn the other week when I went for my physical at the GYN's. Cholesterol is up, Blood sugar is up, weight is up (no shocker there). Anyway off to the my PCP - hmmm, he says you have gained some weight. Ah, yes I have. Your cholesterol is up. Ah, yes I know. Just give me the "talk" and prescriptions and let me out of here. I have already beat my own self up about this.

You need to go on a diet and exercise everyday. Cut down on calories and carbs. Yes sir, I know and I will. I am going to give you Lipitor for your cholesterol and increase your Synthroid meds. I want to see you back in one month.

Needless to say, I have a lot to do in one month. I've been so bad and have allowed stress to run by life. So I am stepping up and getting with it. Pushing myself to exercise more and eat less. Sounds so easy, but as most of us know, it's difficult.

Here's to better health!
Donna

2 comments:

chadandnikki said...

It's so easy to let stress run your life. I too am there, and need to be doing so much better. See ya soon.

Anonymous said...

Amen, Donna. What I have decided for my 63-year old self is that I can't avoid getting old, but I CAN avoid getting old FAT! So, that's what I'm telling myself (and WeightWatchers is helping too!)

Sandra