Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A little sad today :(

Today, my aunt (my Mom's sister) who has been suffering from leukemia, went home to be with the Lord. Although it's hard to let go, I know that she is in good hands. She has been in the hospital since last Tuesday. It has been a long tiring sad week for the family. As I visited with her on Saturday and watched her struggle to breathe, I prayed that God would take her and that she would no longer suffer. I hope you don't think that this wrong, but I know that God has a better home for her without suffering and being sick.

Last night my Mom and I visited with my aunt for many hours and she was much worse. My heart just broke. Once again I prayed that God would no longer let her suffer, but take her to be in his loving care. I also prayed that God would give the family peace and understanding through this difficult time.

This morning God did take my aunt, although I am sad, I rejoice in knowing that she is with our loving God. I rejoice that she will no longer suffer.

Thank you God for always being there!

Donna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So well said. I don't know how people who don't believe in God handle adversity, because I know I always ask Him to bear the burden with me, and sometimes, FOR me.

I'm sorry for the loss to your family, but I DO believe that your aunt is happy and without pain today, and has seen the face of God!

Sandra