Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Monday, August 17, 2009

Blah!

I am feeling a little blah today. Why you ask? Yesterday at church the finance committee had to announce one of the cut backs we have made in the budget. Which was that of the secretary's position - she works 20 hrs per week and her hours were cut to 10 hrs per week. This is only one of many cuts we have made. Anyway, it is not a good feeling to have to do this because you know this will effect her and her family. It was not personal, it was business.

The amazing part is how much blame has been placed on the Finance Committee because of this. Hello - you, the church elected the Finance Committee and unfortunately this is our job. To oversee the budget and make changes that are best for the financial outcome of the church. I am truly hurt at some the comments that were made. Even my pastor put a comment on Facebook yesterday that makes me wonder if he was talking to the finance committee. He said "I know that God is in control even if evil seems to be winning." He was not for this particular change.

Church drama - I am sick and tired of it. Should it really be this way at church???

1 comment:

Jamie Lynn said...

I know I'm 18, but I believe it should never be that way at church. I mean, every church has their problems.. however, it's God's people. & if they can't get along, what have we?