Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Sunday, March 1, 2009

What's that I see outside?


Oh my it's snowing. This could be the big one, woohoo!! Of course I'm excited. It's absolutely beautiful.

Today I attended the funeral of a sweet lady from our church. Our pastor did an awesome job with the service. I was worried this morning that the weather would not hold off until after the funeral. But it did, thank God! It's almost like the weather could not decide what to do because it rained, sleeted, snowed - one at a time, all at a time. And now the funeral is over, the family is fed and home. Then - it starts to really snow and thunder! (Oops, you know what that thunder means?) It waited until all was complete with Ms. Martha's funeral before the weather finally decided what to do - And now we get snow.

Also today our church fixed dinner for Ms. Martha's family, so my dad comes to church to pick my mom up and they are invited to stay and eat with the family and friends - of course my dad says no several times, but is finally convinced to stay. Whoa!

The Lord works in mysterious ways!

I can see Ms. Martha smiling now............her family and friends gather to celebrate her life and praise God for his blessings. She is fussing because we all came out in this weather and then smiles and cries because we all did come out. :) She will be missed but leaves us with so much.

Praise God!
Donna

1 comment:

chadandnikki said...

Wow, that's AWESOME about your Dad.