Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Saturday, March 28, 2009

Friday evening was spent at home with the fam. We ordered out and played cards. Had a great time laughing and annoying each other. The rain continues.........it's a good thing, unless you live in North Dakota.

Saturday morning, Travis and I volunteered at the Recreation Center for 2 1/2 hours bagging food that will be sent to Haiti. Lots of people there to help. Our group bagged, sealed, boxed and loaded onto a truck 100,000 bags - WOW isn't that impressive. Travis and I, along with many others were the bag sealers. It actually was fun and we met a lot of people. I worked so hard that I blew a fuse on my sealer - what a woman!! Thank goodness they turned on the air because it was hot. There are two more groups to bag, seal, box and load the truck, and the plan is to have 250,000 bags when finished. The food will be sent out today.

This was an awesome task and I feel honored to have been a part of it. I will definitely participate again next year.

Tonight we are going to Red Lobster to celebrate Sidney's 11th birthday. She is so excited.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay dry!

Live, Laugh, Love
Donna

1 comment:

chadandnikki said...

That is so very cool. Way to work that sealer thing. I knew you had it in you.