Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Saturday, February 21, 2009

It has been a great day. Although the day started cold it actually warmed up and was a very nice day. I have spent my day working on church stuff (I am the treasurer), a little shopping, a little cleaning house, a little time outside, then the hubby and I went out to eat for dinner - just the two of us - it was nice.

Speaking of eating - off and on all day I have thought about my weight and exercise. Being outside in the warm and knowing that Spring and Summer are coming makes me more aware of my weight. Ugh!!! I have no will power. And then I go through the mail and there it is----------the SELF magazine and on the cover:

Get Your Dream Body Now; Flat Abs, Easy Diet
A Sexy Confident You; De-stress and Increase Energy
Lose Weight and Feel Great
Real Women Reveal the Key to Their Slim-Down Success

Ahhhhh! Doesn't that sound so easy? Yeah Right! Ok I admit I will read these articles and perhaps it will help put me in the right frame of mind. Who knows? I do know that I did this once and I can do it again. When? I'm not sure. HA HA HA

A couple of weeks ago Travis went to Asheville for work and some of the people he met invited him to their church on Wednesday night. He had a great visit. So tomorrow he and I are going to church service at Biltmore Baptist. I'm really looking forward to the visit. Then we are going to PF Changs for lunch with his new friends. Of course, I will get in some shopping while I'm there.

Will time to get into the magazines.......If I find anything new and interesting to help with weight loss, I'll let you know.

Goodnight!
Donna

1 comment:

Joan Carr said...

It is my understanding that Biltimore Baptist is starting a church in Morganton. I think they are currently meeting at Table Rock School on Sunday Nights if this is of interest to you and your son. I did not know if you knew about it or not.