Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Friday, July 3, 2009

It's official

Last night, Son 1 (J) got engaged to his girlfriend of 3 years. My hubby, Son 2 (T) and myself knew ahead of time that last night was the night. J planned dinner and prepared dinner while his girlfriend went to work out. I must tell you that the g/friend doesn't get home from working out until around 7:25 pm. So I'm thinking dinner is at 7:30ish. Now let me set the scene for you..................

At 7:50pm T texts me and wants to know if I have heard from J yet. I say No!
At 8:10pm T texts me again, have you heard anything yet. I again say No!
T - well what is taking so long? Me - they were having dinner.
At 8:20pm T texts me again, anything yet? I again say No! T - what is taking so long? I say - maybe she said no (HeHe) T-responses with LOL, yeah right.
Ok Mr. Impatient (T) can't wait any longer and says - I think I will text J and ask how were the crab legs you had for dinner. By this time I am laughing and reply Ok go ahead.

Withing 5 mins I get my text from J - it's official they are engaged. Wahoo!!!!

Who knew that J had a romantic bone in his body. Apparently they had a nice dinner. G/Friend goes to the fridge to get something out and J tells her not to open the fridge he has a surprise in there for her. She wants to know if it is cake, LOL. After a short time, G/F says when do I get my surprise and J says whenever you want it. So G/F goes to the fridge, opens it and finds a note, she reads the note and says what does this mean??? She turns around to find J kneeling on one knee with the ring. Ahhhh, isn't that sweet. Needless to say there was lots of crying and yes my son did cry, or so I am told.

G/F was so emotional she couldn't remember if she said yes and had to ask J. (I love it!!)

I did finally get to talk with them both and they seemed so excited. We are very happy for both of them. Oh and by the way T couldn't wait, he had to go see them and give his Congrats! I love that our boys are so close.

Live, Laugh, Love
Donna

3 comments:

Joan Carr said...

How funny, but congratulations on the expanding family.

Mommy Vent said...

how exciting... and it's cool that your other son was just as exited

Jamie Lynn said...

how cute