Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Saturday, January 23, 2010

What a week! Lows, highs, disappointments, encouragement...............and the list goes on and on. Can't reveal too much, you never know who's looking, hahaha. Sneaky people, shame on you!!! This is my blog and I should be able to put on it what I want to, right? Well you never know when it's gonna come back to bite you in the buttock.

Enough said about that. You get the point, don't you?

I want to share with you a reading that I found while doing my devotions this week. It really spoke to me. It comes from Daily Guideposts 2009.

Scripture first: .....A time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted.
Ecclesiastes 3.2

You sow seeds every day whether you know it or not.
Some plantings grow to be food for the soul:
the songs you sing aloud or hum in silence;
the kind words you speak to those with aching hearts;
the prayers that live within you.

Some plantings can crowd out the lettuce and the lilies:
weeds that plant themselves and settle in, like hurtful words carelessly spoken.
These must be plucked up.

The planting and the plucking up are two parts of one thing--
you are the sower; God is the grower.
The harvest is one whole and holy soul.

Dear God, I confess that I sow and reap both joy and pain as I walk through life. I trust that You can make a thriving garden of my plantings.

I so needed that reading this week and it has meant so much to me. I hope you will benefit from it also.

With Love,
Donna

2 comments:

chadandnikki said...

I love this scripture from Ecclesiastes. It reminds me that God has a plan and a time for everything.

Anonymous said...

That reading touches me too, Donna. Thank you for sharing it, friend.