Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bittersweet

The doc I work for is out of town today and tomorrow. So that means I got to leave work today at 3:30 pm, instead of my usual time, which can be anywhere from 5 pm to 7 pm. And (drum roll) the office is closed tomorrow, YAY - I'm off. I am very fortunate to have such great benefits, a wonderful boss, a job I love, but most of all I am fortunate to have a JOB!

After work I went to Wal Mart to pick up Father's Day gifts and cards (I know a little behind). Anyway while sitting at a stop light, there is a man standing on the side of the road in battered clothes, looks dirty, with a sign that reads - "Hungry, Need Food, God Bless." I have really mixed feelings about these people - First, are they really without?, Second, some of them scare me (sorry but true), Third - what does God want me to do? Then I think to myself, WOW I'm off this afternoon and I'm still getting paid. So by this time I'm feeling sad.....and the light turns green.

OK shopping done, leaving Wal Mart - I pass 4 cars at the end of the parking lot with "FOR SALE" signs in them. Soooo feeling sad again. Are people selling their cars because they don't have a job and can't afford them anymore? Is Wal Mart becoming a used car lot???

On my way home I can't begin to tell you how many homes I saw with "FOR SALE" signs and I really don't live that far from Wal Mart. Really feeling sad now. I would assume that most of these homes are for sell because, once again, so many people are losing their jobs.

After seeing all of this, I really am so thankful that I have a job, a home, a car, and so much more. It makes me sad and mad to see people losing everything. Our nation has become a place of greed :( and I feel that greed (along with excluding God in our lives) is what got us where we are today. If only we could back up a little and see what we were doing to ourselves. Now we must learn from our mistakes (the hard way) and do our best to push forward.

Oh, I could on and on about this, but enough said. I pray for God's guidance for the future. I pray for God's forgiveness of the mess we have made of our country. I SHOUT to the people and say put God back into our COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!! AMEN!

Live, Laugh, Love
Donna

1 comment:

chadandnikki said...

I have the same issues with the people that have the card board signs at Walmart. Anyway, unfortunately most of our nation doesn't see that we've turned our backs on God. And, furthermore that as a nation we don't even care. Our hope is in our new president, not the eternal Lord of Glory. President Obama can not save our souls from death and damnation. Only Christ can do that. Thanks for posting this.