Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5 busy days in my life...........

We left last Thursday for a long w/end vacation in New York. I had to fly on a 50 passenger "crop duster", something that my "sneaky men" (hubby and son) failed to tell me. Our flight was at 1:05 pm. After 3 flight delays we finally got to leave at 5:15 pm.

New York is incredible, fascinating and busy. The taxi rides are everything you hear they are, sped, horn blowing and racing with other taxi drivers - time is money. I could not find one taxi that didn't have a "racing mark" on it.

New York has so much to see and do. But be prepared to spend money - nothing is cheap (not even McDonald's). Everyone should go at least once.

I accomplished so much on this trip - Rode in a 50 passenger "crop duster" , stayed on the 32nd floor of our hotel with an elevator that moved extremely fast. Rode the subway, rode in an underwater tunnel, and "drum roll" went to the very top of the Empire State building, 102 floors, WOW! It took 3 "creepy" elevators to get there. We stayed busy exploring NY and had so much fun.

All in all it was a wonderful trip. NY is a great place to visit, but I could not live there. I don't know how they have managed to cram so much into one place.

We arrived home safely and tired on Sunday evening and needed a good night sleep.

Monday morning I wake up at 5:30 am in horrible epigastric pain, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. After about an hour we called Dr. C and went to the ER. They drew blood and shot me up with Morphine and Zofram. The ER doc said I probably had a virus. OH PLEASE, you have got to be kidding me. Even I knew better than that. After a while Dr. C shows up and orders a gallbladder US. Surprise (not really) I have gall stones. So surgery is scheduled at noon (sorry office girls). Everything has gone very well. Hoping I can go back to work soon. I am not much into laying around. Oh yeah, sure am glad the gallbladder attack didn't happen in NY.

Live, Laugh, Love
Donna

2 comments:

chadandnikki said...

I'm so thrilled that you went to the top of the Empire State Building. Good for you. Mission Accomplished. Can't wait to have you back.

Joan Carr said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful time, and I was so jealous. But I am glad that the trip was full of sight seeing and you got to do a lot.

I hate you had to have emergencvy surgery but I know that you were glad it happened in NC and not NY. Rest, Read and Relax.