Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Saturday, April 4, 2009

Chuckle, Chuckle

If you should know anything about my mother, it is that she is a junk collector. Today our church had a breakfast / yard sale. I am sitting at a table talking with my sister-in-law and my mom comes up from behind me, taps me on the shoulder, then hands me this crystal candy dish along with $3. She says, I want this, so take it and pay for it as you leave, then bring it tonight (dinner for Travis' birthday) and I will get it then. And I say, so why don't you just take it with you when you leave? And she says because I have already bought so much stuff your dad is going to be upset if I bring anything else home. Chuckle, chuckle! And then I say, so you want me to be the bad person??? Chuckle, chuckle! (by the way it's me chuckling-not a good idea). She then leans down, looks at me and very sternly says, "Just do what I said!" With a look of surprise, I say OK. Oh my, I had been spoken to as a 10 year old. So what am I to do? I took the candy dish, paid for it and put it in my car like a good little girl. Chuckle, Chuckle!

Tomorrow, my baby, Travis will be 24 years old. I can not believe it! Time really flies. We are having his birthday celebration tonight.

And what a beautiful day.................

Live, Laugh, Love
Donna

1 comment:

Joan Carr said...

At least you minded and was a a good little girl. Once a mother, always a mother.I'm still LOL about this.