Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

My evening was spent with my hubby, my parents, our boys and their girlfriends. We had a great evening together. We had soup and salad for dinner and then we gave presents out. Everyone was excited, talking, sharing stories - it was wonderful. I am very appreciative of my gifts, but one particular gift stands out in my mind.

The hubs and I purchased new Bibles for our boys and their girlfriends (which I will refer to as our girls from here on out). We choose the NIV Men's and Women's Devotional Bibles for them and had their names put on them. We choose this particular version because it is the version they use in their Sunday School class.

The Bibles were wrapped so they had no idea what the gifts were. We had them to all open the gifts at the same time. They were so excited and pleased with the Bibles and I was overwhelmed with their responses. (tears, tears) It's not that I didn't think they would appreciate the Bibles, I just never considered how MUCH they would appreciate them.

I was thankful for the evening spent with my family, but most of all the gift of overwhelming joy I received in my heart to see those faces when they received their Bibles. Oh the joy of giving!

Praise God for our blessings. My cup overflows. My God, our God is an awesome God. I am thankful for the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the price he paid to save us from our sins.

Happy Birthday Jesus!! Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

chadandnikki said...

YAY!! That's awesome they liked their Bibles that much. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

A touching post about a moment I'm sure you will always remember.

I don't have to ask -- I KNOW you had a blessed Christmas! :)