Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Have you noticed.........

....in the grocery stores there are boxes or bags of food for you to purchase for around $5.00? That food is given to those in need and who are less fortunate than you or I. I personally enjoy purchasing one or two each time I get groceries. It makes me feel good that I am helping someone in need, that I am giving as God would have me to do. Also, it's the mystery of giving to someone I don't know. It's the blessing of sharing, not only food, but God's love.

If one of you has money enough to live well and sees a brother or sister in need and refuses to help - how can God's love be in that person? 1 John 3:17

I am not saying that I am a wealthy person, but I am blessed with a job, food, family and a home. I hope during this season when you go to the grocery store and you see those boxes or bags of food, that you too will purchase and share God's love with others.

Live, Laugh, Love
Donna

4 comments:

Joan Carr said...

The last couple of years, I have so enjoyed buying for others that have a real need in this season.

chadandnikki said...

Wonderful post. I also feel like I'm doing what God would have me too when I get the opportunity to give to others.

Jamie Lynn said...

I love buying gifts and really anything for anyone in need.

Anonymous said...

Amen, Donna. I believe that we are expected to pass on some of what we have however much it is.