Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Sunday so far.........

Up this morning and off to church without the hubby. He had to stay home and work in the chick houses because they are leaving us in the wee morning hours on Monday. It was weird going without him, but there are times when the chicks can't be left alone.

If you read my post yesterday, I was determined to have a crisis free weekend.............ha! listen to this. We had a birthday lunch for my MIL at my SIL / BIL's house. Everything was going great and then.............two of the SIL's were having a squabble, nothing dramatic but you knew something was up. So SIL "W" comes in the her daughter's room, where we are playing with the genia pig and wanted to talk to her daughter. It seems that SIL "L" 's son is complaining that "W "'s daughter was picking on him during sunday school. These two kids are the same age (only 5 weeks apart in age) which is 11. So they talked about the situation in front of me, which was fine until SIL "W" looks at me and says, "I am going to get "L" and I want us to clear the air, will you (meaning ME) stay in here while we talk?" GASP!! (Remember I am trying to have a crisis free weekend) GASP! again. I'm thinking what does this have to do with me? Duh, nothing! So I say "NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT." I must say "W" was shocked that I said no. I am thinking its time for us to go. I texted my 2 sons and said "time to leave, things are going to get bad." I go to the hubby and told him that I was ready to go, NOW! He knew something was up by my tone. So, no questions ask, we left.

When leaving I told hubby what was going on and I told him what I said. YAY! he says, I am proud of you for saying no (you see I'm a fixer, but not this time). Good that we are leaving before the battle began.

Another bullet dodged! So it has been a crisis free weekend. I am so happy about that.

Donna

1 comment:

chadandnikki said...

WOW!! You had an awesome weekend. I can't wait for the deets. HEHE