Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today is my son J's birthday. He is 28 - Wow, where has the time gone? It certainly has moved fast. I remember my mother saying "the older you get the faster time goes." Of course I was alot younger then and thought she was crazy. However, I now know that my mother is a pretty smart cookie.

So where is J in his life right night? He moved out of our house in July into an apartment. (not tearing up) Also, in July he became engaged. He is now starting the process of building a house. He has become a wonderful young man. I am so very proud of him (ok maybe a little tearing). I love this child with all of my heart and love watching him moving on in his life as an adult.

Off to another subject - I am wondering if any of you blogger buddies have heard or participated in an online bible study course called: Lords' Table. It is a "60-Day interactive course that will teach you to enjoy a newfound relationship with the Lord and how to find freedom from bad eating habits." I am seriously thinking of participating in this bible study. If you know anything about this study please give me some feedback.

Wait there is more.... I found this quote online last night from Erma Bombeck and wanted to share with you.............

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me.”

Praise God!
Donna

No comments: