Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Tuesday, September 14, 2010

One week ago today I received the news that I have breast cancer, WOW! Within 4 weeks I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and breast cancer. The diabetes has affected by eye sight which is very frustrating. I did finally get to have an eye exam and am getting new glasses and I can't wait to see clearly, YAY!

The breast cancer is requiring test after test before any surgery will be done. I must decide between lumpectomy and mastectomy. I am steering away from having lumpectomy due to the need to have radiation. Radiation scares me a lot. My aunt died from leukemia last year which she developed from radiation. She too started out with breast cancer. If I have a mastectomy I will not need radiation. Decisions, decisions, decision.

I had a CT chest and abdomen last Friday and it came back good. Praise God! Today I will be having a Bonescan and am praying for good news.

This is quite an adventure. I am so thankful to have God by my side and a huge support system from family and friends.

Keep me in your prayers, please!

1 comment:

chadandnikki said...

I believe a big WOOHOO!!!! is in order this evening!