Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Thursday, July 29, 2010

His Mysterious Ways

Yesterday I was off from work, so I took my Mom and we went shopping. I had a coupon from Family Christian Book Store and I can always find something there. I was looking for a bag to carry my stuff for church and I find one that I really like. If you have ever been in this store you know that when you check out they have Child Sponsorship cards representing kids that need sponsors. The program is through World Vision. I have always wanted to sponsor a child but just never did it. Yesterday I ask a few questions and decide to make my move. I picked a child from Zimbabwe. Her name is Thenjiwe and she is 10 years old. I was so excited and felt really good about it.

Anywho, as I was checking out and doing the necessary paperwork, the clerk told me that Thenjiwes card had been there for some time now, mostly because people usually picked younger children. He told me that the day before he and a co worker had prayed that some one would soon pick Thenjiwe. So he was excited that God answered his prayer and I am so glad that God used me to answer this prayer and to sponsor this child.

Our God does work in mysterious ways. Praise God!

2 comments:

chadandnikki said...

That's so very cool.

Sandra said...

Wow. That gave me chills. It is wonderful when you can see that God has involved you in His desires for someone else's life, isn't it. Wonderful. :)