Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Saturday, February 27, 2010

Precious Moments....

Wednesday I stayed with Mom while dad went to run a few errands. Mom was propped up in her bed with lots of pillows and cushions surrounding her knee that she just had surgery on. The TV was on and honestly I really don't remember what she was watching. After a little bit Mom said I think I will take a nap if that's ok with you. I said sure, I might just crawl up in that bed beside of you and take a nap also. She said that would be great. So that's just exactly what I did. I snuggled in beside of mom (being careful not to hit the knee) and covered with a really warm blanket. Mom actually did take a nap, I didn't sleep. I watched a little TV and did a little thinking of the old days and just enjoyed being all snuggled close to Mom - something that I had not done in years. It was a precious moment! We may grow up, but special times with Mom is always needed even when it is something so simple as snuggling.

And then last night we had family dinner. After dinner the boys stayed to play the Wii (Mario Brothers). They had a great time. It was fun listening to them laugh, play arguing of over who did this or who did that. I was in another room, but I could hear them and it brought me such joy and a smile on my face. Another precious moment!

I love those precious moments. It is amazing at how much they will warm your heart!