Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mom..

Yesterday my mother had to have knee revision, something that we all dreaded alot. She had her surgery in Asheville, which is a little more than 1 hour away from us. Since she had to be there at 5 am (yes really 5 am) we went to Asheville on Tuesday and spent the night. Dad and I felt that would be better for mom since she is quite a nervous person.

As I said we all dreaded this surgery because the last one was very difficult for her. Anywho, as most of you know nothing goes as planned, arrived at 5 am, surgery was to be at 7:15 am. Well......surgery started at 8:15 and was over around 10:10 am. Everything went well. As this point we are waiting on a room for her. They always tell you there are no available rooms, in truth they don't have enough nurses to cover. Mom stayed in regular recovery so we were not able to see her. I didn't like that part because I needed to see her for myself and decide how she was doing, but they don't really care how I think she is doing, rules are rules- and I get that. They were kind enough to call ever so often and let us know how she was.

Finally at 2:30 pm we get the call that she is going to her room. Again comes the dread of how she is going to do. Nobody wants to see their mother suffer. Much to my surprise she was smiling and that was totally awesome to me. She really did well during the surgery / recovery process.

I was so relieved and so was my dad. Lots and lots of prayers were said for mother and God answered those prayers. Praise God!!

Is it not awesome when your prayers are answered and God puts that little appreciative smile on your face and you offer those 2 little words to God - Thank You!

Talked with Mom this morning and she is still doing well and I am still thanking and praising God for answered prayers!!

Live, Laugh, Love
Donna

2 comments:

chadandnikki said...

Yay! Yay! and Yay!!! I'm so thankful that she has done well this time around.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, Donna! And blessed. :)