Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Friday, April 2, 2010

Doc Appts

Yesterday I took the day off and filled it with doctor appointments. First off to the allergy doc. My very first visit to the allergy doctor. Lots of needle sticks, but it was so worth it to finally get some help. It was funny to find out that I am highly allergic to grass and advised to stay away from fresh cut grass (that's not gonna happen, especially since my yard is HUGE!) Allergic to oak trees, which I am surrounded by, oops! Anywho, new meds and in two weeks start my shots. Woot! Is it odd to be excited about taking shots?

On to the eye doctor office. I have new glasses and I cannot see out of them unless I raise my chin and look through the bifocal part. So I took them back and explained to the technician what was going on. She tried many adjustments, which obviously did not work and then calls on a gentleman to help me. Again we go through adjustments. At this point I am not sure what part of I can not see through the top part of my glasses they are not getting. The gentlemen holds up a card straight it front of me and says can you see that. Again, NO its blurring. He tells me to raise my chin, now can you see it. Yes I can! (because i am looking through the bifocal part). And he says.... "Well ok then there you go." hummmm, I am thinking and really trying to be nice and finally I say "I cannot walk around all day with my chin up in the air" and dufus says "Oh!" What an idiot! Finally I have to make another appointment to get my eyes check again. After reading my chart he discovers that my new lens are weaker than my old ones. Huh??? How does that work?? Needless to say I have to have another eye exam. Oh holy crap!!!

On to the next doc appointment to get my meds for headaches and the lovely ones that keeps me from wanting to hurt somebody. Great short visit. Yay!

It was a full day, but at least I did get to ride with my window down. Yay for sunshine and warm weather.

1 comment:

chadandnikki said...

What a very fascinating day you had. Good luck with those glasses. It sounds like you're gonna need it.