Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Wednesday, December 31, 2008

So long 2008!

It is really hard to believe that this year is almost over. I thank God that the year is not ending the way it began. Things are looking up for me as the tragedy that I was dealing with at the beginning of the year is over. Thank Goodness!!! I am still healing but in much better shape. I am so thankful for the support of family and friends. Their love, patience and prayers are so appreciated. I love them so much for being there for me, for there were many hard days! Thank you God for blessing me with such an amazing family!

This year my brother-in-law was diagnosised with a carcinoid tumor in his right lung. He ended up having a little over half of his right lung removed. Thankfully there appears to be no other cancer and his recovery has gone very well. Praise God!

My mother had knee replacement surgery in October. I was so dreading this because she has many other health issues and is not a stong person. Much to my surprise she is doing quite well. She continues with therapy and they tell her she is ahead of schedule with her recovery. WOW! Praise God!

I can tell you that God is a great listener - we have had many conversations this year. He does answer prayers. He will carry you during times of trials if only you will let him. Me, being the stubborn person that I am tried to deal with everything myself. Know what? I can't do it alone and it took some time for me to let go to God completely. I am the fixer of the family and naturally think I can fix everything. No I can't and I don't have to. Forever more I hope to always Let Go and Let God!!

To my very special friend Nikki. I don't know how I could ever have gotten through 2008 without you. You listen to all of my complaining, all of my frustrations, everything from good to bad. You are very dear to me. I am grateful for your friendship, love ya. Thank you!

My plans for 2009 - LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE!!

Live each day to the fullest.
Laugh to warm my heart and those around me.
Love as never before.

So long 2008. Welcome 2009.............the best is yet to come!

No comments: