Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.







Friday, December 11, 2009

LOL

The hubby and I have been married for 30 years, yes I married young. Anywho, we bought a farm very early in our marriage, which had a nice (hehehe) ranch style house. Ever since we moved there I have always wanted to put a deck on the backside of our house. When we had kids I really pushed the issue. The hubby, of course, saw no need for a deck and I was always told we didn't have the money (which in truth we didn't). As the kids grew I pushed the deck issue. I could see MANY uses with this deck involving the kids and when we had people over for cook outs. I tried being forceful...........I want a deck for the kids and I to play on!!!! Again and again the hubby said NO! (only of course because he didn't want a deck). There were even times that we had petty arguments about this deck.

Now, our kids are grown and moving on with their lives, so not much use for a deck now. I actually gave up on the deck about 8-10 years ago.

SURPRISE! We are getting a deck, so I was told yesterday. WHY NOW?? I don't know. I explained to the hubby that I didn't want a deck now, the reasons for wanting the deck are now gone. And he said.......but honey you have always wanted a deck. I have ordered the lumbar already.

At this point all I can do is LOL!!! He just doesn't get it, but that's ok, better late than never. LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL

2 comments:

chadandnikki said...

Wow......I could so see Chad and me having this conversation. At least it's a tax deduction, and you'll still get some use out of the deck I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, this is soooo "husband". Or at least it's just like MY husband. You can love someone with all your heart and still sometimes want to just hit him up aside the head and say, "Hello? Is anybody home?!" :)